The Indaba Agriculture Policy Research Institute (IAPRI) is Zambia’s premier agricultural policy research and outreach institute established in 2011 to generate evidence and provide agricultural policy recommendations and impact assessment to contribute to sustainable pro-poor agricultural development in Zambia.
IAPRI seeks three (3) full-time paid graduate interns for 6 months starting March 2021. The Internship Programme offers eligible applicants the opportunity to acquire direct hands-on experience in agricultural policy research and outreach in Zambia. See Thematic Areas by clicking on the tab Research then scrolling to Research Themes.
The Interns will be based at IAPRI’s office in Kabulonga, Lusaka.
To be considered for the internship, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated with a Master’s Degree or PhD within the past two years from reputable universities in any of the following areas: Agricultural Economics, Economics, Environmental Economics, Geographic Information Systems, Communication and Media Studies, or related field;
- Have excellent academic record as demonstrated by university records;
- Have excellent writing skills;
- Highly organised, committed to work and self-motivated; and,
- Ability to work full-time for 6-months.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Interns will have any opportunity to experience what it takes to work with a leading agricultural policy think tank in Zambia.
Depending of the intern’s training and expertise, interns will be assigned to work under the Research Directorate, Outreach Directorate or IAPRI’s Business Development Unit. Responsibilities include assisting staff with: research on ongoing or upcoming papers; literature review, data collection and analysis, project proposals; and or organising and managing outreach events.
To enhance their skills, all interns will be required to take part in IAPRI capacity building programmes.
How to Apply
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. The application should include the following: cover letter; resume and copies of academic documents and transcripts. On the application, please indicate Application for Internship Round – 9.
Closing date: 5th February, 2021